Freckles are small, pigmented lesions,often found on the face, arms, legs and back. Sun freckles are temporary, but for mild freckles bleaching will help though not much, it will help at least to marginally fade freckles. Today getting rid of freckles is easily achieved with lasers treatment because the treatment can be pinpointed at even a very small spot. Other methods used for getting rid of freckles include the intake or topical application of Retin-A, which is a good treatment. For those who don't want to take any risk or spend a lot there is always some remedies to try which will help fade them a little.
Tips For Treating And Fading Freckles:
- Lime juice is a mild bleach. Pat it on freckles and do not wash till absolutely dry.
- Yogurt also acts as a mild bleach so it can be applied and left to dry at least for an hour before washing.
- Four tablespoons of radish mixed with a few drops of vinegar make an effective bleach for freckles.
- Radish juice boiled with a few teaspoons of milk also helps in treating freckles.
- Lemon juice and an ounce of rum mixed well and applied on freckles regularly helps in minimizing freckles.
- For suborn freckles a strong bleach can be prepared by boiling equal quantities of radish juice and yogurt and applied regularly.
- Another effective treatment that can be tried is by mixing 1 teaspoon of borax powder and 3 teaspoons of lemon juice into a paste and applying on freckles before going to bed .
- Any fruit or vegetable juice which has a large amount of Vitamin C can be used to fade freckles.
- Make a smooth paste of oatmeal powder and yogurt, apply on the freckles and leave for 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the freckles once a day and let it dry. Wash with cold water after 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with 1/4 cup of milk once a week.
- Increase your Vitamin C intake. It makes your skin less sensitive to the sun. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, apples, green onions, black and red currant.